Registered Able Autoparts Industries Company Limited and started as Ford assembler and distributor.
Completed the first AAPICO factory at Hitech Industrial Estate, Ayutthaya, and established the first Joint Venture with Sanoh Japan named Able Sanoh Industries (1996) Co., Ltd.
Listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
Purchased a company from Dana Corporation USA and renamed it AAPICO Amata Co., Ltd.
Expanded to China by acquiring Kunshan Chaitai-Xincheng Precision Forging Co., Ltd.
Established strategic partnership with Sojitz Corporation Japan.
Established AAPICO Hitech Parts Company Limited, invested in AAPICOITS Co., Ltd., a car navigation company with 60% equity holding, and engaged a strategic joint venture with Mitsuike Corporation Japan with 51% equity holding locating at Hitech Industrial Estate, Ayutthaya.
Acquired KPN PLC and renamed it AAPICO Forging PLC and AAPICO Plastics PLC. Entered technical agreement with Edscha Germany for manufacture of door check, hinge, and parking brake
Established a joint venture with Minth Corporation China.
Established AAPICO Structural Products Co., Ltd. in Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate for chassis frames.
Awards & Achievements
- Celebrated the 25th Anniversary and commenced operations of AAPICO 2nd factory in Rayong.
- Established JV with Takagi Seiko (Japan)
Completed the construction of 3S showroom for Honda dealers in Petaling Jaya and Kajang, Malaysia.
Started operations at the new 20,000 square meters factory in China.
Established 4 joint venture companies with Lemtech Holding (Taiwan), Edscha Holding (Germany), Sumino Kogyo (Japan), and Sodecia SGPS (Portugal)
- Expanded into car navigation business via cooperation with Quantum Inventions (Singapore)
- Established AAPICO Training Center Co., Ltd. to manage overall trainings for AAPICO Group.
- Initiate the “TURBO” policy with target of double sales and 10% net profit margin.
- Reorganized non-core business operations in Papago (Thaialnd), Katsuya, and A Maction.
- Be the first AUTO company to achieve TRIS rating and issue corporate debenture with BBB+ rating.
- Established AAPICO Venture Co., Ltd. to explore opportunities in the start-up businesses and invested in 11.9% holding of Smoothlane Co., Ltd.
- Announced the Stock Repurchase Program.
- Achieved a 4-star CG level.
- Acquired 25.1% of Sakthi Global Auto Holding Limited (SGAH) (UK) and form a strategic partnership with Sakthi Group to expand the automotive part business globally.
- Disposed 14.95% equity holding in Jackspeed Corp.
- Sojitz signed MOU to transfer all of its shares to major shareholders.
- Announced the resale of Share Repurchase on SET.
- Divested 25% equity holding in Quantum Inventions Pte. Ltd. (QI) in Singapore and its 60% equity holding in AAPICO QI SDN. BHD. to Continental Automotive Holding Netherlands BV due to the reason that QI’s founders and major shareholders – who were not related parties to the Company – were all in favor of disposing QI to Continental.
- Acquired 20.36% equity in Nuro Technology Inc. (Taiwan).
- Established JV with VINFAST to set up press shop and assembly plant to produce body-in-white parts for VINFAST vehicles in Vietnam.
- Acquired 24.89% additional equity of Sakthi Global Auto Holdings Limited (SGAH) to support and strengthen the partnerships to growing business in the global market.
- Acquired 100% equity of Sakthi Global Holding Limited (SGAH) following appropriation of the security over the remaining of 50.01% shares of SGAH owned by ABT Auto Investment Limited.
- Acquired 100.00% shares of AAPICO Maia, S.A. (Portugal) and two subsidiaries, namely AAPICO Águeda, S.A. (Portugal) and Sakthi Portugal GmbH (Germany).
- Established Vroom Company Limited with registered capital of Baht 1 million and a shareholding of 100%. In December 2019, Vroom increased its registered capital to Baht 100 million. As a result, the Company’s shareholding decreased from 100% to a 40% joint venture of the Company.
- Opened Proton showroom and service center in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.